Based in Glasgow, EKOS is an independent research consultancy that specialises in providing evidence based research services and creative solutions to enhance economic competitiveness and deliver inclusive growth. We work with a UK wide client base ranging from small community groups, to national agencies and everything in-between. For more information please see our website: http://www.ekos-consultants.co.uk/ We are looking to grow our research capacity and want to hear from talented people interested in joining the company and expanding the skills and expertise that we provide. We offer a challenging and rewarding working environment, with considerable opportunity for personal and professional development.
We are recruiting for the following positions:
Further information on the position is provided below.
We are looking for a motivated and committed Research Consultant to support our research activities and contribute to our growing portfolio of work across our five main areas of activity: Enterprise and Innovation, Skills and Employability, Community Innovation, Sustainable Place-making, and Growth Sectors
The role will involve:
- Research and analysis of economic and business data
- Undertaking statistical analysis and presentation of results
- Setting up and running market research studies
- Supporting senior colleagues in primary research
- Producing written input into reports
- Undertaking telephone and face-to face consultations
- Input to questionnaire design
- Attending client liaison meetings throughout project as appropriate
To be considered for the position you should have:
- a Degree in economics or related social science discipline -preferably 2.1 or above although this is not essential
- Experience working in a research related field within another organisation or as part of your University degree
- Ability to analyse and present data in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong analytical and presentational skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to write well with good command of report writing
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 Benefits: Pension contribution, Bonus Scheme, Personal training budget, Professional development mentor Annual leave: 35 days annual leave (including statutory) Location: Glasgow, with some travel within the UK Start date: July/August 2018
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th June.