ekosgen is one of the UK’s leading independent economic consultancy firms providing advice to public and private sector clients. We provide economic and social insight to help our clients make better decisions and have a positive impact on people, places and the economy.
Our work includes: Strategy development; project and programme evaluation; preparation of business cases and funding applications; economic impact assessment; socio-economic baselining.
We have vacancies in our Manchester and Glasgow offices for a committed, enthusiastic and capable individual to join our team. You will play a central role within our consultant team working on a wide variety of economic development related commissions.
Depending on your experience, the role will include:
- Carrying out desk research using a variety of official data sources and the internet.
- Manipulating, analysing and presenting study data in a range of formats.
- Carrying out study fieldwork including research interviews
- Providing written input to high quality reports.
- Assisting colleagues to prepare proposals for new client assignments.
What are we looking for?
With a good Honours degree (2:1 or higher) and ideally a postgraduate degree in economics, social geography or similar, we need someone who is flexible, a team player, self-motivated, great at multi-tasking and who exhibits professionalism, even when under pressure. Strengths in statistical work, including analysing and presenting quantitative data are a must as are good organisational skills, and excellent writing and IT skills. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in the economic development sector and previous experience of working in a consultancy environment would be preferred for the Manchester position.
What do we offer in return?
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including:
- 35 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Employee wellbeing initiatives such as a cycle to work scheme and travel pass funding
- A positive and supportive work culture where people are assisted to realise their full potential (including through a personal performance and career management system and training)
- A Staff Wellbeing Package which includes allowances for dental and optical care, a GP helpline and subsidised gym membership
How do I apply?
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for ekosgen, which location you are applying for and details of your salary expectations for the role as well as details of your current salary, if appropriate to [email protected]
by 15th March 2019.
Please click here
to see the full job specification for the Manchester
Please click here
to see the full job specification for the Glasgow
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, religion, age or sexuality.