Job opportunity within North Ayrshire Council
• To lead, or contribute to, the preparation of cross-service business development plans, as required.
• To ensure the effective management and leadership of employees, where appropriate.
• To prepare and co-ordinate reports for the Council, its Committees or working parties and to attend these meetings as required.
Role Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage the Disability Employment Programme and the Council's wider work to close the disability employment gap in North Ayrshire, ensuring a quality accessible service that meets the Council and Local Employability Partnership's priorities.
• Manage and monitor the work of the team with responsibility for the application and implementation of HR Policies and Procedures.
• Develop service proposals based on the disability employment action plans.
• Promote and facilitate joint working to create an effective and integrated delivery model.
• Support partnerships to engage target participants for the programme.
• Ensure the programme supports wider public sector service delivery eg. Employability and Skills pipeline, Welfare Reform team, Money Matters etc.
• Manage the introduction of the MIS system and ensure the team collect and report information appropriately.
• Establish and implement a reporting and monitoring framework.
• Establish and monitor customer service standards.
• Ensure Council reporting schedules are met.
• Ensure programme activity is compliant and meets European Social Fund requirements.
• Marketing of the programme, establishing the service brand and promoting within and outwith the council.
• Lead on the centralised marketing of the service to local communities and other services who work with residents with disabilities