What We Do
EDAS has established a strong set of services and activities which are continually reviewed and supplemented. As a membership driven organisation, suggestions for other activities are welcomed.
Currently EDAS' main activities are:
- Regular events held throughout Scotland
- An annual conference
- Annual General Meeting with guest speaker
- Inclusive Growth Community of Practice
- Introduction to Local Economic Development - 1 day course providing a grounding in economic development in Scotland.
- Update in Policy and Practice in Economic Development - 1 day course intended to update the knowledge of people with a good basis in local economic development, to cater for changing economic and policy circumstances.
- New CPD Courses on Project Appraisal and Evaluation and Inclusive Growth
- Interactive website
- Responses to relevant policy consultation initiatives
- Networking opportunities
- Dissemination of information and news relevant to economic development
- Formation of international links with sister bodies.
- Parliamentary briefings relevant to economic development interest.
All our upcoming events can be viewed on our events page.