The Economic Development Association Scotland (EDAS) is the independent voice of economic development in Scotland.
EDAS is the country’s foremost membership driven association for all organisations and individuals with an interest in economic development.
We aim to facilitate a substantial improvement in the effectiveness of economic development activity in Scotland by helping to raise the knowledge, skills and networks of those involved in all aspects of economic development.
As the go-to body for all individuals and organisations with an interest in Scotland’s economic development, our mission is to ensure that key aspects of economic development are kept at the forefront of economic debate and comment in Scotland.
Our activities include networking seminars on key economic development issues; independent, collaborative policy work; CPD training courses in economic development; and larger events and conferences. Find out more about our upcoming events here.
Our current policy themes for 2018-19 will focus on Brexit, Reimagining Regional Development and Inclusive Growth.
Combined with attractive membership incentives, we continue to evolve and develop our services and activities, which currently include:
- Regular events and annual conference
- Continuing professional development activities
- Networking opportunities with people from a wide range of different geographies and organisations
- Parliamentary briefing focused on economic development matters
- Regular news and information bulletins
- Independent and informed policy initiatives
- National and international collaborations
With over 2,500 members and a positive approach to collaborative working, we encourage your involvement and welcome your input.