What We Do
EDAS has established a strong set of services and activities which are continually reviewed and supplemented. As a membership driven organisation, suggestions for other activities are welcomed.
Currently EDAS' main activities are:
- Regular events held throughout Scotland
- An annual conference
- Annual General Meeting with guest speaker
- Introduction to Economic Development - 2 day course providing a grounding in economic development in Scotland.
- Update in Policy and Practice in Economic Development - 1 day course intended to update the knowledge of people with a good basis in local economic development, to cater for changing economic and policy circumstances.
- Interactive website
- Responses to relevant policy consultation initiatives
- Networking opportunities
- Dissemination of information and news relevant to economic development
- Formation of international links with sister bodies.
- Parliamentary briefings relevant to economic development interests
EDAS Route Map for Common Ambition
At the beginning of 2016 EDAS finalised the Route Map for Common Ambition for Scotland – a policy analysis framework designed to ensure key aspects of Scottish economic development are kept at the forefront of debate, analysis and comment. We now look forward to the dissemination of the final outputs and key messages from the Route Map, which will be presented for consideration at our events and activities through Scotland. The Route Map promotes the twin goals of enhanced productivity and equity; with particular focus on three key policy areas: innovation, internationalisation and skills.
All our upcoming events can be viewed on our events page.